New Year’s Eve is less than a month away – and we’ll be honest, if you want to hire a bagpiper for your celebrations, you’re probably six months too late!
However, if you’re looking for a party band, dance duo, acoustic act or dazzling dancers, you can still book exceptional performers. Not every musician or DJ gets booked for a New Year’s party, after all! Given the timescales involved, we do recommend enquiring with us by phone if you need a quicker reply.
What act works well, when
If you want a New Year party that’s mainly about drinks and dancing, then consider:
- an acoustic line-up of your chosen party band on arrival
- the full band line-up as the main entertainment and dancing
- a DJ until midnight (and beyond)
Some cover bands actually offer all three services – call us for details.
If your party includes a dinner and then dancing, then consider:
- an acoustic duo for your drinks reception
- a speciality act entertaining in the middle of dinner (or between courses)
- a dynamic four piece cover band, swing band or all-out party band for dancing
- a DJ or relaxed lounge band for post midnight music
If you want to create a unique party atmosphere with ‘mix and match’ entertainment, call us! We can create an absolute cracker of a package, or recommend some truly great acts, that’ll keep everyone entertained and on their feet all night long.
New Year playlist fun quiz
We all know lots of Christmas songs, but there are far less New Year classics, apart from “For Auld Lang Syne”, of course. So, just for fun, here’s a quick New year music quiz to get you in the mood for midnight hugs and hand shakes.
1. Which US rock band currently touring the US (yet again) wished us a “Funky New Year”?
2. Which Scandinavian supergroup sung “Happy New Year” on their first album of the 1980s?
3. ”It’s Just Another New Year’s Eve” by Barry Manilow reached 33 in the US charts in 1977. What piece of classical music does the song reference?
- Prokofiev: Troika (Sleigh Ride)
- JS Bach: Goldberg Variations
- Vivaldi: Four Seasons – Winter
4. What U2 track is lead singer Bono describing when he said “The piano notes on the song were icy, and Adam’s bass line told you it’s outdoors, not indoors.”
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- Beautiful Day
- New Year’s Day
5. Prince reminded us that if you’re to have a really good time, you need to party like it’s:
6. And of course, you’ll also need “The Final Countdown” to midnight as belted by rock legends:
7. Where can you book superb musicians, cover bands and acts to perform for your party, any night of the year?
- 01306 741007
- [email protected]
- all of them!