Every year, the summer months see an explosion of jazz festivals across the world, including the mega festivals held in Montreal and Montreaux Switzerland. However, there are plenty of jazz festivals just waiting until the summer frenzy has passed, and they can step into the limelight…
Scarborough Jazz Festival
Held at the famous Spa Grand Hall and on the prom (weather permitting), this is jazz (almost) on the beach, British style! The lineup no less than three big bands in the programme, plus a variety of modern jazz groups.
Herts Jazz Fest
Festivals don’t have to be big to pack a punch in their line-up. This popular festival held over a weekend at the Hawthorne Theatre includes Georgie Fame and the Pete Long Band, in a celebration of all jazz types.
Guinness Cork Jazz Festival
Held at the end of October, this festival tends to attract big names who have finished their summer touring and therefore more available. Past performers have included legends such as Ella Fitzgerald, Oscar Peterson and Dizzy Gillespie.
Your jazz festival or event!
We know we’re always encouraging you to put on your own event, but with our help, it really is remarkably easy! We can help you put together an exciting and attractive lineup featuring some terrific traditional and cool contemporary jazz artists. We can also help you choose a series of acts for a regular event such as a jazz brunch, or for a one-off event to promote your venue, product or services.
50+ jazz acts, all in one place
We work with almost 60 jazz acts, all featured on our website with photos, demo tracks and in some cases, a demo video. Here’s a quick way to hear them all!
1. Plug in the best headphones you’ve got into your mobile device or desktop computer to hear the best sound possible.
2. Go to one of our jazz our Genre pages,
3. You’ll see a page with a single image for each of our acts. Look in the top right of each image for the little green speaker icon.
4. Click on it to hear all that artist’s sound files. Sit back and enjoy – it really is that easy!
5. The green icon now shows as a Pause button. If you want to stop the music, just click on this button.
6. To learn more about the artist, just click on the ‘View artist’ button.
If you like them, add them to your shortlist using the button at the bottom of the page.
7. To return to the Genre page and listen to more acts, just click the back button on your browser.
8. You’ll find all your shortlisted artists listed under the “Your Enquiries” tab.
If all this is a bit technical, just call us. We’ll discuss your requirements, your style of event and your budget, and point you towards the acts that best fit the bill.