You may be surprised that a global music and live entertainment agency such as Matters Musical should say “Go on, hire a DJ”.
Don’t be. There are many occasions when a professional, experienced DJ is just the ticket for a great night for you and your guests. And we’ve got some truly awesome party and wedding DJs ready to get everyone up and dancing, regardless of age, musical tastes or dance ability!
1. Last night a D.J. saved my life
A great DJ is like a walking encyclopaedia of the best songs from the 1950s to the present day. They know the classics that fill the dance floor, whether you’ve got a gathering of family spanning three generations, or a group of your friends who share pretty much the same birth year.
“Just want to say a huge thank you for our wedding entertainment. Gerry was absolutely wonderful and played everything we wanted and even his own choices were just what we liked. Everyone said what a fantastic selection of music it was; they all enjoyed it as much as we did.”
Happy couple who booked one of DJ Martin’s best wedding DJs.
2. Shine a light
DJ’s can quite literally light up your venue with colour and sparkle. The best DJ hire companies create a club environment in your venue, with the latest laser lights, ‘smoke’ haze, star cloths and programmable intelligent lighting, for a fabulous show. And, of course, a glitterball for those retro disco fever tracks!
Melodic Professional DJ Services specialise in the design of sound systems, intelligent lighting and laser shows for any venue.
3. Sing for me
We all know people love to sing along with their favourite tracks, so why not get the best of both worlds and choose a dj for hire with their own karaoke!
DJ Paul Cowler can keep every wannabe happy with a high quality karaoke/disco. With more than 3,000 songs spanning over six decades, covering all genres of music including the latest chart hits, there’s always plenty of songs for people to choose from.
4. Memories are made of this
You know the feeling, You’ve a dance floor packed with guests loving the skilful mix of music. They’re throwing their best shapes, the CEO’s footwork is awesome, the HR team are starting a conga line, and – nobody is taking any photos. Never fear, help is at hand!
Spotlight Entertainments’ multi-talented DJs can take photos of guests as they strut their stuff, and display them on a screen during your party, corporate event or office party. After your event, they’ll also send you a photo CD of all the images, perfect for sharing with guests, colleagues and friends (but probably not social media!).
5. I don’t want to rock, DJ
You’ll find most of the our DJ acts under https://www.mattersmusical.com/genre/djs-discos/. However, we’ve also a list of unusual live musicians and DJ combo acts for something unusual for any event, function, private party or festival.
• Turkish percussion with DJ – a fantastic, energetic fusion of your choice of music played by a DJ, and a live drummer/percussionist.
• Electric violin, saxophone and DJ – a cutting edge combo of DJ with violin and/or saxophone performing live alongside a superb DJ. A perfect act to hire for high profile corporate events and private parties.
• String ensemble and DJ – cool, fresh and effortlessly classy, the Urban Soul Orchestra add different elements such as percussion, bass, DJ and vocals to a string ensemble. Grab a coffee and listen to their DJ set demo track (03 in the list).
Not sure what DJ to book?
Call us! We’ll guide you through our DJ selection, and may be even suggest a unique combo you may not have thought of, just for your event.
Song title refs:
title: Celebration – Kool and the Gang (1980)
- Last night a D.J. saved my life – Indeep (1981)
- Shine a light – The Rolling Stones (1972)
- Sing for me – Christine Aguilera (2012)
- Memories are made of this – Dean Martin (1955)
- Rock DJ – Robbie Williams (2000)