You’ve booked the venue, sent out the invitations and even decided on the honeymoon. But what about that all-important first dance? Needing a little inspiration?
At Matters Musical we’ve been scouring the setlists and gate-crashing the gigs of our best wedding bands to compile the ultimate chart of first dance favourites.
First dance favourites
Whether a blast from the past or a recent chart-topper, here are the top 20 wedding songs that make your first dance an iconic moment to remember.
Just click on the song title to go straight to a Matters Musical cover band that loves to play it!
|No||Song Title||Artist||Our Performers|
|1||Marry you||Bruno Mars||The Seduce Party Band|
|2||At Last||Etta James||Vintage Nights with Phil Charles|
|3||You’re Still the One||Shania Twain||Vintage Nights with Phil Charles|
|4||I’m Yours||Jason Mraz||The Blue Drops|
|6||Just The Way You Are||Billy Joel||Vintage Nights with Phil Charles|
|8||You’re My First, My Last, My Everything||Barry White||Tournament|
|9||Let’s Stay Together||Al Green||The Blue Drops|
|10||You’re My World||Cilla Black||Vintage Nights with Phil Charles|
|11||Eternal Flame||The Bangles||The Blue Drops|
|12||Don’t Want To Miss A Thing||Aerosmith||Partydown|
|13||Wherever You Will Go||Charlene Soraia||Val Kelly / Freespirit|
|14||How Sweet It Is (to be loved by you)||Marvin Gaye||Vintage Nights with Phil Charles|
|15||L.O.V.E||Nat King Cole||The Seduce Party Band|
|16||Wonderful tonight||Eric Clapton||The Blue Drops|
|17||Stand by Me||Ben E King||The Blue Drops|
|18||My Baby Just Cares for Me||Nina Simone||Tournament|
|20||Save Tonight||Eagle Eye Cherry||Grouper|
More music for fancy footwork!
Not found a wedding first dance that’s just perfect for you both? At Matters Musical we have wedding bands of to suit any space and any budget. With music spanning the 1950s to the present day, you’re sure to find an excellent and entertaining live band to get everyone at your wedding party up and dancing!
To get those ideas flowing, here are 5 hand-picked bands ready to make your first dance fabulous. Just click on the links to see sample set lists, hear demo tracks and watch their videos.
- Bring down the house with Carwash, the original 70s tribute band playing the funkiest disco sound around. Band member have worked with Robbie Williams, Blur and Lisa Stansfield as well as performances on Top of the Pops! Choose from a 6-piece or 9-piece band, and if the standard line-up doesn’t suit, you can create your own!
- Hit the dance floor with Hussy. Their substantial set list includes classic rock, indie and party tunes from the 1960s to the present day. Supercharge your wedding celebrations with one of the UK’s best live cover bands!
- Backstreet Soul featuring six professional performers who have worked with the best in the business. If you’re looking for electrifying pop, soul and funk, including party classics – old and new – these highly professional hipsters will not disappoint!
- If you’re into 90s Britpop, grunge and rock, book the fabulous End of the Century. No strangers to wedding parties, these guys have performed in places as diverse as 12th century churches to big conference halls. This talented wedding band comes as a standard four-piece, can expand to five players, shrink to a power trio, or even go ‘unplugged’.
- Bored of hearing the same old cheesy party numbers? MIB will bring your wedding party firmly into the 21st century! Featuring the best UK session musicians, MIB performs as a 4-piece band, expanding to a 12-piece, to suit every requirement. Band members have played for Professor Green, Rudimental, Take That, Beyonce and Jools Holland … to name only a few!
Still not sure who to book? Why not give us a call? Talk us through your special day and let us find you the band to make your first dance unforgettable.